Sunday 19 December 2010

Public property

Now here's a thing. Why does everyone in the congregation think they know me and some greet me like a long lost friend when they see me? I struggle to remember people's names and struggle to keep my private life private - although The Curate would insist in including anecdotes from our family life in his sermons until I told him to stop. If I do recognise these people, it is often because they have been pointed out to me as people to be careful around. It is a strange life that we have joined. I mean who do you class as friends and who is only talking to you because you are with The Curate? On other occasions I can be standing next to The Curate and you would think I was invisible the way I am ignored. It all takes a bit of getting used to.

No comments: