Saturday 26 February 2011

Starting with The Accidental Anglican

The Accidental Anglican: The Surprising Appeal of the Liturgical ChurchHaving read the article by Jane Williams  in The Church Times yesterday on being prepared to stand up for our beliefs by ensuring that we are well informed, I decided that it was time to actually do some serious reading myself. I have been carrying a copy of 'The Accidental Anglican' by Todd D Hunter in my bag for a few weeks since I saw it on the Eurobishop's February Book selection. I bought it because I was struggling with labels and different traditions. I was not sure where I fit in the Church environment as I like variety and I like to be challenged to think about and confirm my beliefs. I know quite a few friends struggle with the liturgy of some church services. Sometimes the set liturgy of a service just does not reach me. This book interested me as it tells of Todd Hunter's journey from the Vineyard Church to becoming an Anglican Bishop. It is subtitled, 'The surprising appeal of the liturgical church'. I am looking forward to becoming more informed about the use of liturgy and its potential and why Todd Hunter was drawn into the liturgical approach.

If you have read this book, I'd love to hear from you. Have I made the right choice?

No comments: